is the human immunodeficiency virus. It is the virus that can lead to acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or AIDS. At the end of 2013, Malaysia was estimated to have 86,324 people living with HIV (PLHIV). By the end of 2013, Malaysia had reported a cumulative 101,672 HIV cases, 20,235 AIDS cases and 16,340 deaths related to HIV/AIDS, thus giving reported PLHIV of 85,332 cases (UNAIDS estimates
). HIV damages a person’s body by destroying specific blood cells, called CD4+ T cells, which are crucial to helping the body fight diseases.
Dr. Raja Iskandar Shah Raja Azwa
explains in detail about HIV, the virus that can lead to AIDS. Please SUBSCRIBE
to TemanTeman.org official YouTube channel for more expert advise videos on HIV/AIDS.
HIV is spread primarily by:
- Not using a condom when having sex with a person who has HIV. All unprotected sex with someone who has HIV contains some risk.
- Unprotected anal sex is riskier than unprotected vaginal sex.Among men who have sex with other men, unprotected receptive anal sex is riskier than unprotected insertive anal sex.
- Having multiple sex partners or the presence of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can increase the risk of infection during sex. Unprotected oral sex can also be a risk for HIV transmission, but it is a much lower risk than anal or vaginal sex.
- Sharing needles, syringes, rinse water, or other equipment used to prepare illicit drugs for injection.
- Being born to an infected mother—HIV can be passed from mother to child during pregnancy, birth, or breast-feeding.
Only a test can tell if you have HIV. If you do, this is described as being HIV-positive.There is no cure for HIV. However, there are more than 20 anti-HIV drugs, and treatment with a combination of these drugs can mean a longer and healthy life.
REMEMBER: Early diagnosis and treatment are essential for maintaining your health. Take control of your health and your life. Take an HIV and STI Test Today at your nearest healthcare provider or Klinik Kesihatan. If you have additional questions or concerns about HIV/AIDS or sexually transmitted infections, please contact TemanTeman.org or Facebook.com/TemanTemanMY
Dr. Chow Ting Soo,
Consultant Physician and Infectious Disease Physician, Hospital Pulau Pinang.
进行艾滋病毒检测 对于您的健康、您的伴侣、您的生活和您的未来很重要。事实上，艾滋病毒是可预防的，您可以减低或消除自己的感染风险。进行早期检测就可以尽早开始治疗，获 得更好的治疗效果。很多病毒感染者通过早期检测和适当的治疗都能够活得很久，并且过着正常的生活，因为科学和艾滋病毒治疗领域取得了很大的发展。
如果您担心自己可能感染艾滋病毒，马上就进行检测吧。确诊得越早，您保持健康和正常寿命的机会越高。进行艾滋病毒检测就意味着，如果您被确诊为艾滋病毒阳 性，您可以在感染对自己的身体和健康产生过多损害之前开始接受治疗。这就是“早期诊断”。进行艾滋病毒检测很重要，因为未经诊断的艾滋病毒感染者可能很长 一段时间都自我感觉很健康，但实际上病毒感染会严重侵害他们的身体。而且他们还可能把病毒传染给他人。
请访问我们的网站 TemanTeman.org 或Facebook.com/TemanTemanMY 以获得更多关于艾滋病毒/艾滋病的信息。